Here's the scoop…
Mom's got me enrolled in preschool. Pretty awesome right?
So Monday and Wednesdays I'm going to school with my best bud Julian. The story is like this...At the 12th hour last year, my mom and Julian's mom decided to put us in this program so we could be together and so we'd have a fuller schedule since we're a couple of looney tunes and love to be in class. This preschool that we're going to together is called Perry Street and is the same place where we took our messy art class last year. It's a fantastic little school and the teachers are wonderful.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll be attending the Preschool of the Arts. This is the school that mom discovered to be right across the street from our apartment building. Doesn't get any better does it? This is a Jewish preschool in a brand new location and I am really excited to give it a whirl.
So today we started day #1 at Perry Street. All four days in class will normally be drop off so Mom gets a little break, I get to socialize with my friends and detach from the hip a bit…BUT to start off the week with ease the teachers are encouraging the parents to stick around and check out the situation. So mom did just that today. And thank goodness because I clung onto her leg like a koala bear when we first walked in.
It took me about 10 minutes to warm up and as soon as I did I hopped right up and started sharing toys with Julian. It was so great seeing my old pal as we only got to hang out one time this summer!
I also found a castle to be king of by sitting right on top of it…
After about 20 minutes of play, it was time for a snack. Bring it teach! Snack time is my favorite time. Please note: I had a large bowl of oatmeal mixed with fruit and cut up cantaloupe for breakfast before leaving the house today. ALSO while on route to school mom got a latte and I got a croissant and ate the entire thing. Back to snack time…
The teacher gave us each a hand full of goldfish crackers and a cup of water. I downed the water while promptly spilling half on my shirt within a few moments of receiving the cup and then proceeded to inhale my goldfish. If I didn't know any better I would have to guess my teachers assume my mother starves me from the way I was eating in class. As soon as that last goldfish arrived in my belly I started to bang my hands onto the table shouting "more, more, more, more, more". The teacher finally caught on and gave me more. Just when she thought I was done with round two…I asked for her round three. Just keep em coming lady. Don't hold back here.
Following snack we got to put on a smock and finger paint. This was an incredible experience for me. I got to dip my entire hand into paint and put it all over the place. And I did an incredible job following the teacher's instructions exactly as she gave them to me.
Finally, story time and some more playing. Julian and I started to play with some toy animals and got into a bit of a tiff over the giraffe. It didn't end well…a few tears and many screams. But that's ok…I just took it from him when he wasn't looking.
Finally, we got to say our good byes and choose a sticker. Most of the kids chose to put their sticky smily faces on their arm, shirt or hand. I decided I wanted mine right on my belly. So I lifted my shirt and made the teacher stick with me with it.
Overall, a great day. I cannot wait for tomorrow!