Thanks to the Bris Doctor - Dorothy Greenbaum - I had one successful bris! For those of you who may not know, a bris is a ceremony of a circumcision. Sounds strange I know! But it's a very important tradition in the Jewish religion. Today, I became a Jewish Man...And boy was I brave! Luckily, Mom and Dad were instructed to use a numbing potion on my private parts before the big snip so I wouldn't feel a thing - and it worked! Phew! Dr. Greenbaum said some really nice words at the ceremony. Mom and Dad were both crying, quite emotional, especially when I was named in Hebrew. My Hebrew name is Shimon Yitzach after my Great Zaidy Simon and my Great Poppi Eddie.
Following the ceremony I was put in my room to heal from the snipping and remain far away from the many guests to ensure I don't get sick! I was very comfy in my room as Mom, Boobie Vici and Grandma Shelly took turns hanging in there with me. During this time our guests were eating bagels and lox and discussing the events that just occurred.
Thanks so much to everyone who made it out to my bris! I appreciate your taking the time out of your busy day to celebrate with me!