Wednesday, August 24, 2011

QT with M&C

My Auntie Marissa and cousin Carly came to visit us out east this week.  They stayed with us for 5 days and it was amazing.  We started our visit off with a trip out to dinner in Westhampton beach.  It was a warm night and I got to run around by the beach working up a great appetite for a big ol' juicy hot dog and some fries.
Since I gobbled up my dog pretty quickly…I thought why not run around a bit more to work it off?  So I grabbed Aunt Marissa and we found a secret play area in the lobby of this restaurant which is also a beach motel.  Weee haaaaa!
Day 2 with M&C we packed up the car and took a drive to Montauk.  It's not close…but boy is it ever worth it.  A sunny sky + the surfers on Ditch Plains, chasing the waves, digging up my own wade pool and catching some rays…nothin's better…except stuffing your face with some Asian sesame needles from the food cart that sits right out front…
I was having so much fun that I missed the supposed earthquake New York had.  After a good 4 hours on the the beach I started shivering like a naked polar bear…my mom and Carly had to scoop me outta the water and get me back up to land to dry off and warm up.  I didn't want to leave…but the time had come.
Luckily for me we weren't headed for home just yet…we made a pitstop at the amazing Gosman's dock for lobster rolls and fried shrimp.  Unluckily for my mom…I was too hopped up to sleep…so I strayed off schedule for the day and stayed awake till I was put into my lil Elmo bed after dinner that night.  What a day I tell ya…what a day!  
Day 3 with M&C was a bit more relaxing.  Mom and Carly ran out for some groceries while Aunt Marissa and I roamed the streets in my lil red wagon.  We also ran around the backyard, read some books and had a huge lunch.  I was so tired by the time Mom got home I just wanted to pass out…let's snuggle up Melmo and froggy…I'm ready for ya!
After a good 2 hour nap I was ready and raring to go again.  Catch me if ya can!  It's motorized so be prepared to run...