Sunday, October 2, 2011

A festive week

Well this was one heck of a week.  I learned all about the Jewish New Year: Rosh Hashanah in school, got to eat apples and honey for a sweet start and even got to make some dough to bring home so Mom could make challah with me! My challah turned out awesome.  Crusty on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.
The fun continued with a dinner for the first night of Rosh Hashanah.  My pals Sam and James came over and instead of eating all of the delicious food that Mom made we ran around playing music, jumping on the couches and then crashing in front of some Sesame Street.
Ali also joined us for dinner which was super cool because she has never been to Rosh Hashanah dinner before…so I got to show her the ropes.
Mom, Dad and I got a lot of QT this week with the holiday going on…it was so nice to be with them both at home for a few days in a row!
On Thursday afternoon, the big guy and I got all dolled up and went to a children's service at our temple in Gramercy Park.  We sang some songs and said some prayers…it was a good time.
Friday was another big day to write home about…Mom officially became a citizen of the United States of America! She pledged her allegience in an official ceremony that I got to go to…where I waved the flag and cheered her on.
The weekend got nothing but better from this point on…Morgan turned 3 on Saturday and I got to go to her birthday party at the Art Farm.  It was a blast. We got to blow bubbles…
paint piggy banks and there were live animals like tortoises walking around and bunny rabbits that we could pet!  Awesome.
The fun continued with pizza, party hats and cake.  I wanted to dive in there…and tried some…but it wasn't my bag.  I'll stick to fruit and broccoli.  What?  Ha!
Sunday morning Mom and I took it easy and slept in late.  I had breakfast with my bear and then we hit the park.  For those of you who watch Boardwalk Empire you'll appreciate that Michael Shannon who plays Agent Nelson Van Alden was there and I was climbing the monkey bars with his cute daughter.  He was totally scary looking and sounding…just like in the show…but none the less, a pretty cool sighting. 
Believe it if you can…later in the afternoon I had another birthday party involving more animals!  So fab.  I got to pet a dove, iguana, more bunny rabbits and even a snake.
And there was a bouncy castle…and cupcakes that I dove right into.
All in all…loads of fun this week and happy new year to all of my friends and family!