So this weekend we flew to Toronto to visit Mom's family for Yom Kippur and the Canadian Thanksgiving. All started well when we got to the airport with time to spare and had a lovely breakfast together in the LGA airport food court. Unfortunately, the tables turned when we found out our flight was delayed over an hour. Everything was going ok while waiting to board as I sat patiently in my stroller watching Sesame Street. Eventually we boarded and since I'm not 2 just quite yet…I am still saving a few bucks by sitting on my Mom's lap. Well honestly, this isn't very comfortable because I'm sure you know…there's not much room on airplanes! We did however get to board the plane first so I got to run between the seats pressing every button on ceiling of the plane before the rest of the passengers got on.
The plane fills up and the captain comes on and announces that we're 15th in line to take off and it will be at least another 30 minutes or so. Do you know how hot that plane was? How squished I was on mom's lap (since I had to have the tray down for my "shnilk" aka milk)…not to mention I was pretty darn exhausted since we were nearing onto my nap time. So, instead of waiting patiently, I acted like a normal 2 year old and threw a hissy fit. Dead fish straight back, screaming hysterics and laying on the aisle of the plane. Everyone was staring, some laughing and crazy dirty looks were being thrown by the flight attendants. Why can't this mom control her child, they were probably thinking. Mom calmed me for a few minutes with the Sesame Street bribe…but that didn't last for long. Thankfully there was one sympathetic and incredibly sweet flight attendant who came over and admitted she has two boys of her own so felt for my mom. She took me off mom's hands for a walk as she was still allowed to roam the plane. Things got much better when we arrived in Toronto and I got to spend a week with my family…it was so wonderful to see everyone!
I got to see my Aunt Mandy and Uncle Jason…and their cat Tessa of course. And my Boobies, Aunts, Uncles, cousins…it was FAB!
As always I got to go to Paradise for Dim Sum with Boobie Frieda, Uncle Ronnie and Mom. Delish.
I also got to go for all you can eat sushi with my cousin Jesse and Aunt Debi…it was awesome!
I got to have dinner at my Auntie Marissa's for Thanksgiving which was divine…and I got to have dinner at my Aunt Debi's as well! We picked tomatoes, talked to cats, rested on the floor…it was a fun week and I can't wait to go back!