Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Witches of Quogue featuring Handy Manny

A lot has become clear to me this weekend.  For example, I find myself having a lot of energy all of the time...and where does this energy come from?  My mom's side of the family, no doubt.  We were graced with the presence of my Boobie Vici, Aunt Debi and Uncle Steve this lovely weekend.  The weekend was a blast.  We let loose and were totally wild.  We cooked some great meals, swam and had Uncle Steve (AKA Handy Manny) do all kinds of fun things around the house for us...a few examples:
1.)  He put up a hammock for us.  We have two trees in the backyard perfectly situated for a hammock.  Couldn't be more perfect actually.  Well we ran out to get a beautfiful hammie and Handy Manny put it right up for us!  It has changed my mother's life...she is totally obsessed as she enjoys lying on it and replicated Jesus Christ.  She also had some fun posing with the crazies...as photographed here:
2.)  He put up a light fixture in our purple room.  He needed Aunty Debi's help so she did what she could to move the process along...including wearing the pieces of the light on her head and dancing around like a vegas showgirl...oy yoy yoy...the light turned out to look UNREAL!  And I cannot believe how Handy Manny put it up...he's the best!!
3.)  Handy Manny planted mom's tomatoes that she is trying to grow in the backyard. He said it's too late in the season for tomatoes...but were are hopeful we'll get at least one...I will keep you posted on the progress of our tomato growth since I know you're all so interested...or at least Heather and Sarah will!  Since they helped me and my mom plant them in the first place!
Later in the weekend we took a trip to Target.  They don't have Target in Canada so Aunt Debi and Handy Manny were in Heaven pushing me around in the shopping cart and buying crap that is much cheaper in the states then it is in the North.  I also made out well from the shopping trip as mom bought me a blow up duck that I could take a bath in.  Not sure why the crazies were wearing this on their heads...but they all took turns putting it on like a hat and then I seemed to be in with some bubbles cleaning my tushie...strange...
We cooked some great meals and even went out for lunch to our favorite place out here - Dockers.  It was a blast and I cannot wait to see the gang again when I'm in Toronto this September.  Thanks for making the trip you guys!!  I love you so much.
I'd say my favorite part of the weekend was when Mom had run out for a few minutes leaving me with Aunt Deb and Handy Manny and they let me walk on the patio table...that would NEVER happen with mom around!  It was a real treat!  I felt like a total stud.
The weekend ended with a bang.  Literally.  My mother slammed our sliding door on her finger and almost died.  She was literally on the ground yelping for help.  It was a scene man.
For all of the pictures from my fun weekend with my family - Click Here!
And for more stories...check out Aunt Debi's blog...it's much funnier then mine...you'll get a real good laugh from her writing. Enjoy!