Saturday, June 12, 2010

The DNA Launcher ties the knot!

So the big day has arrived.  Ben and Heather are tying the knot!  Dad was out with Ben and the bridal party for the day while I got to play with Mom, Granny and Poppi.  We had a fabulous morning!  We went to the Grove where they have all kinds of fun stores on a closed down railroad track and a great farmer's market!  We met our cousins Stacy and Hazel for a hug and hello and then met up with our good friends the Etters!  Remember baby Elliott (my future college room mate)?  Well his parents brought him to LA too for the wedding!
The afternoon consisted of Mom and Granny getting their hair done...and me getting dragged along!  Why did Poppi get to take a nap and I had to go with the girls?  Guess he deserved a break!!  Then Mom got dressed up again...the same lady showed up and I had to stay home again!  Well...ground hog day!  I cried for her all night...while...mom and dad had the BEST time at Ben and Heather's wedding!  Here are the highlights:
* Heather - a vision.  Totally gorgeous and absolutely hilarious.  She was so sweet in her vows to Ben and they did a surprise first dance which was so different and sooo cool!
* Ben - stud groom, incredible vows, amazing dancer, fabulous speech.
* Cocktail hour - um, OMG.  Raw bar galore, margarita bar, devine appies....to die for!
* Lucas - Ben's triplet twin brother - OMG.  What a speech.  Mom told me it was hilarious!  She could not stop laughing...not to mention has a small crush on this guy...I'll kill him Papa - don't worry.
* The decor - wow!  Stunning flowers...beautiful venue and IN N Out burgers to top off the end of the night - I'm so jealous I didn't get some!
* Heather's mom's speech:  Remember I told you about Betsy's (Ben's mom) speech at the rehearsal dinner?  She told the story about Ben's "asset"?  Well Heather's mom used this in her speech when calling Ben a DNA Launcher.  Mom almost fell off her chair...the crowd erupted with laughter!!  HA!!!
*Mom's sex and the city premiere dress and her famous purple heels...
*Mom and Dad and their drunk friends having a blast!
*Granny and Poppi dressed to the nines and looking FAB!
*Uh...who the heck is this guy?  No comment...
On that note...MAZEL TOV Ben and Heather!!  I'm so excited for you both - wishing you a lifetime of good health, love and happiness!  And I hope you had the best time on your safari honeymoon - can't wait to hear all about it!!  Love you, Gavin
For all of the pics from Ben and Heather's wedding Click here.