Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow day

Before going to bed last night I heard that Mayor Bloomberg closed all of the public schools in New York today due to the snow storm that was due to hit our city.  Well, when I woke up this morning my Mom took me to the window and we noticed...there was no snow on the ground.  Hmm....suspect.  Well the morning went on and the snow started.  Mom left for work and called to tell me that the snow was very minimal and there was only about 1 cm on the ground.  BIG DEAL!  As the day progressed the snow started falling heavier and the wind picked up.  Mom called again to tell Sherry and I that Mickey (her CEO) got on the loud speaker to say he's closing the office at 3pm so everyone can get home safely.  SNOW DAY!  Woo hoo!  Mom's coming home early.
When she got home - I'd like you to note that this was how much snow was on the ground...













My Canadian friends and family are probably laughing right now...I mean - is this a joke?  There's hardly anything on the ground!  Mom turned on the news so we could see what Mayor Bloomberg AKA Bloomie had to say about all of this.  He said schools will reopen tomorrow.  He said that his sanitation department started plowing at 6am and didn't stop all day so we are well equipped to move on.  Bloomie is just so cool.  So smart and so organized.  Just like my Mom!  I love him.
Once updated on the snow, Mom picked me up and gave me a big squeeze because she was so happy to have some extra hours with me today.
Then we opened a package that came in the mail today...OMG - it's a Raptors jersey with my name on it and my birth date for my number from Aunty Mandy.  SO COOL!  I love it!
Good night New York.  Be safe on the roads tomorrow.