Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rain Rain go Away!

After walking home in the rain last night I went to sleep hoping to wake up to some sun.  Well no such luck!  Instead I find out it's day lights savings so I am going to lose an hour of sleep and the that the rain is going to continue until Tuesday.  UGH!  Well I don't sweat the small stuff.  No sir.  My plan to over come the time change was to over sleep by an hour.  I usually wake up at 7am so instead I woke up at 9am (which was really 8am).  Pretty smart huh??  As for the rain well Mom and I made the best of our wet day.  We started off by playing at home...and then took a walk to the store to get some ingredients to cook with.  Mom wanted to make Aunt Debi's banana bread.  It looked so good.  Well we got everything that we needed and got cooking.  Two issues arose:
1.)  Mom doesn't know how to bake.  She's a GREAT cook, but can't bake for doody.
2.)  Mom is not very good at math.  Lord I hope I have Papa's math genes...
The banana cake required a 9x13 pan.  Well Mom has a 9x13" pan but she used it to make lasagna.  So she thought, let's try the 8x8 pan.  She poured the cake batter into the 8x8 and it fit perfectly!  Bingo!  So she put the pan in the oven and guess what happened?  That's right folks, cake rises.  So the cake batter over flowed ALL over the pan and the oven.  What a disaster MA!  Way to go.
The next day I was prepped for the rain.  We were going to Alicia's house to do a photo shoot!  She is working on a project and she needed my help.  Without giving too much away, Alicia needed me for a picture where she is posing as a working mother who can do it all.  Alicia is always so good to me so I had no problem helping her out!  After the shoot was over I zoned out on the pile of clothes that she was working with...
Granny and Poppi were itching for some GQT (Gavin quality time) so they picked us up from Alicia's and we went home to hang.  We spent the whole afternoon together.  It was great to catch up!
Then later that night...Papa came home!  He was in Miami for the weekend and I missed him so very much!  Welcome back Papa!!