Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hot in the City

So we're back from Arizona and I'm expecting breezy days mixed with some showers to ring in those May flowers.  This is what I hear the weather is like in Spring in New York City.  Well surprise surprise people!  Mom and I get outside for a walk today and it's 92 degrees!  I'm sweatin' my little butt off!  Right back upstairs we went.  Mom lost her cardigan, I put on sun block and back outside we go.  Mom and I went on a picnic on the Hudson River today.  It's incredibly peaceful (ok well yes sirens are blaring and there were a pack of teenage girls sitting behind us screaming) and serene.  Mom and I plopped down on our new JJ Cole blanket and had a sammie.
Mom has been helping me learn how to sit up on my own...woahhhh...not there yet Ma!  But I'm working on it!  Every time she sits me up and lets go...I usually look over at her hoping she'll catch me but instead find myself face planting into the ground.  Is this normal behavior?
Following sitting practice I lay down on mom's lap and took a short snooze.  Why not?  That was hard work she had me doing there for awhile!  When I woke up it was time to go.  We started walking home and made our way down West 11th street...when we all of sudden saw it - there in front of us - the home of our dreams.  A 4 story brownstone building with the most beautiful flowers lined along the stairs.  Not to mention the street was lined with trees that had blossomed with gorgeous white flowers.  Heaven awaits.  Mom and I looked at each other and said - dream on...dream on.