I have some stories to tell...feel free to read on or just skip ahead to my pictures by Clicking here!
So it all started when we met Guncle JC and Chris at the airport last Thursday. Mom and I needed the help with our bags and they were amazing! They schlepped our stuff around, got us water when we needed a drink and made sure we were comfortable at all times. The flight was pretty painless. Much easier then I thought it would be considering the 5 hour flying time. I slept for about 3 hours and was up for 2 total. JC was entertaining and feeding me while I was awake...
Before I knew it we landed in Phoenix, AZ. Let me tell you the reason we went to Arizona as you may not know and might be wondering...we went to visit Mom and JC's good friend Nicole. She's a friend they made while working at Club Monaco. Nicole married a lovely gent named Jose in Sonoma a few years ago. I heard their wedding was a blast. Nicole is now 6 months pregnant and living temporarily in Scottsdale, AZ and so we wanted to take a trip to hang out with her and Jose. Back to our arrival...Our bags were the first ones out. Jose picked us up from the airport and took us back to their place. Another side note for you - last May Mom's good friend Eleia got married in Scottsdale, AZ. While there, JC, Chris and Mom and Dad had spent the day at walking around old town, having lunch and visiting the shops. They later had dinner at PF Chang's which was located in a huge mall. They had walked around the mall and noticed there were beautiful condos there. They mentioned how nice they were and thought it would be interesting for someone to live there b/c they'd be surrounded by so many great shops and restaurants. Back to present time...SO - guess where Nicole and Jose got an apartment? In those complexes! Ma couldn't believe it. Well let me tell you something...I had know idea what I was in store for! Their apartment was sick! Firstly, I had my own room with Ma. I thought we were going to be shacking up with the Guncles. No sir! Nicole had a crib set up for me and everything! She also got me the most adorable monkey onesie - so sweet! Their apartment was huge. Incredible Viking appliances in the kitchen, a huge flat screen TV (which was key for the Duke final - go DUKE! Great work...close call though...), a gorgeous balcony that over looked the city and a canal and an insanely cool roof top pool! Not to mention the building was full service to the max. Everyone who worked there was so nice, felt like we were staying in a hotel! I went right down to bed when we arrived while Mom and the Guncles enjoyed a home cooked meal with Nicole and Jose. Nicole had made her famous paella...I got to taste it through the mommy blender in the morning and indeed it was delicious!
Now the fun began...when I woke up in the morning Nicole took us downstairs so we could get a hot cocoa and then begin our walk. This became a tradition on the trip. Morning bevvie + a walk along the canal. The air was crisp and the ride was bumpy along a dirt road, just how I like it. I slept through the walk each morning making it a great way to nap. After our walk we went back to our home base and had breakfast at Nicole's go to Olive and Ivy. We ate outside and enjoyed the sun.
We continued the day with some shopping. I mean...we're living in a mall for the week - let's enjoy it! We hit some of the gang's favorite stores. Thankfully JC was able to 'tranny' control the girls from doing too much shopping. Then it was my turn to eat. So I dined al fresco on Nicole's balcony. Sweet.Next...the big moment...the POOL! I got to take my first dip in a real big persons pool (this is nothing like the dinky bath I take twice a week). Mom slathered me up with sunblock and put on my swim gear (yes folks, she found a shirt that has 50 SPF in it to protect my chicken arms).
I got into the water and spent a good amount of time just studying where I was. Why is this water blue? Why isn't my mom soaping me down in here? I was a bit confused differentiating between this water and the bath water. But I warmed up to it and loved this new wet adventure! I proceeded to pass out after spending about 15 in this pool...the water really knocked me out.
The next day Mom and the Guncles took a trip to the grocery store to stock up on food for Easter Sunday so we could have a BBQ while I hung back with Nicole and Jose. I gave them some good practice starting off by peeing on Nicole when she went to change my diaper. That was a 'tranny' move I know but I couldn't resist. While out, Mom and the Guncles discovered a special grocery store called AJ's Fine Foods. When they got home Mom told us she thought it was the coolest store she's ever been in. They spent about 2 hours in there. Why did she like it so much you ask? Because everywhere she turned there was cool junk for her to buy. Like paper plates with funky patterns, interesting napkins, an awesome wine cellar, a great meat department, the fruits and veggies were organized perfectly - don't ask. Yes, she's nuts. The trip to the store was also to get some items we needed for the surprise baby shower that we were throwing for Nic and Jose...fast forward to Easter Sunday...so Nicole and Jose went to Mass at their church first thing in the morning. During this time Mom and the Guncles got the deck upstairs set up for the baby shower. They did an incredible job!!
Nicole and Jose were totally surprised and they loved all of the details from the mini bottles filled with jelly beans, the watermelon baby carriage and the gifts! Job well done team - job well done.
After the shower me, Mom and JC hung out in the sun while the rest of the gang went down to nap. After an extra hour of sun time we started to clean up the remains of the shower. While we were getting ready to head down, mom felt kinda woozy and couldn't understand why. It felt like she was dizzy and was going to fall over. I felt it too. As the feeling continued we looked over at JC and asked if he felt anything...he said he did and we both looked over at the pool and saw the water splashing. The building was swaying. OMG. What is going on? Are we having an earthquake? Naturally mom panicked and said LET'S GO! We ran downstairs and Nicole told us we just felt the mild affects of a quake. Apparently Baja was hit and we got the after affects. Um, wow. My first earthquake.
The rest of the trip was filled with major R&R. It was so incredible being with such nice friends and I cannot thank Nicole and Jose enough for having us. They are a sweet couple and are going to make fantastic parents! I cannot wait to meet their baby. Till then...





