Interesting. Mom and Dad put me into the car yesterday morning and I fell asleep as per my usual routine of being in a moving vehicle. When I woke up I found myself at John F. Kennedy airport. Where the heck are we going now I thought. Mom smiled down at me in my stroller and said, "honey bear - I'm taking you on a vacation to Aruba!" No clue where or what that is Ma, but that sounds great! So onto another airplane we go. This time...I have my own seat though. Pretty cool. Mom took out my food and fed me lunch as the plane was taking off. Oatmeal with bananas and apples followed by a tall bottle. Perfect start to the flight as it put me right to sleep for 90 minutes. Unfortunately, I woke up like a bat out of hell. Get me outta here! I screamed and made a total scene. Mom picked me up and started pacing the isles. I loved it as it allowed me to find out what everyone is up to in their seats. Not many people looked up at me as most were sleeping but I still had fun. Every time Ma tried to sit down I let one roar....WAHHHH!! So walking we went....for close to an hour. Roaming the isle of the plane was so exhilarating I tired myself out and fell back asleep for the rest of the flight. When I woke up we were in this land Ma calls Aruba. Damn woman! It's hot up in here! Mom took off my socks and pants and I was totally shfitzing. We were definitely dragging ass through the airport as we had to wait for my stroller, then carry Ma's ridiculously heavy carry on bags, get our luggage (which no joke, weighed 69 pounds) and then park our butts on a bench in front of baggage carousel 1 where Aunt Debi would be arriving to meet us. The 20 minutes that we waiting passed quickly. Before we knew it we looked up and saw our tall blonde aunt running towards us in a bright turquoise top waving her arms up in the air.
We hugged, got her luggage and hopped into a cab to head to the hotel. We pulled up to the Park Hyatt and couldn't have been happier. It's such a nice hotel! Mom and AD (Aunt Debi) were greeted by a little old lady when they got to the check in. She gave them a cold towel to wash up with and a glass of champagne. All class, all the way.
When they checked in the lady at the front desk told us that we have an ocean front room. Almost dropping their drinks Ma and AD looked at each other and smiled so big they almost blew it. AD has tricks up her sleeves to get room upgrades...and it worked! Ya hoo! We got to our room and it was absolutely perfect. Not too close to the elevator, 2 queen beds, a crib for me and an extra fridge for my food. I scoped out the floor of the room while Ma and AD unpacked. It was getting very close to dinner time and I was starting to get antsy. They put me in my stroller and out the door we went. Are we going out for dinner? Nope...off to the mini market down the street for water. We got back to the hotel room and I finally got to eat. After my dinner, it was only fair that I let Ma and AD eat. So we hit the streets again and I fell asleep. The ladies chose a restaurant near our hotel called Le Petit Cafe. Why did they choose this place? Because they had a TV outside showing a demonstration of how they serve food...on a hot stone. What they didn't know...is that after the waitress took their orders she was going to give them a life vest napkin to wear. When the waitress put this on my Mom she was so taken a back she started laughing so hard she couldn't breathe. Have you ever seen anything like this? I haven't! HA! Ma and AD - FYI: you look ridiculous! So their food arrived on hot stones. Looked cool but was totally stupid. First of all, they had to finish cooking their food. Once cooked...it stayed on the stone and cooked more so the chicken dried out. Stupid? I think so.
As soon as dinner ended, I woke up. Let's PARTY! I was so excited to be on vacation and with AD I couldn't go back to sleep! As we walked around the strip by our hotel I was bright eyed and checking everyone out. This is what we call in Yiddush: a Yenta. Meaning I need to know everybody’s business. Even when we got back to the room I hung out laughing with the ladies till 11pm...I love vacations!
The next day was all about having fun in the sun. We got prime chairs at the beach and I took my first dip in the ocean. It was so much fun! It was like a runway show...I had an outfit change every few hours...my favorite was diaper only...Later we washed up and went out for dinner. We went to a nice place near by so we could walk. Mom made the mistake of feeding me at the restaurant. Naturally I acted like an orangutan. I was all over the place…and then got wild and caused quite the scene. So much so that the old bat sitting behind me got up and moved to another seat because apparently I was bothering her. Well Ma, AD and I had a great time and couldn’t care less who had a problem with me.
Around 8:30 we had to book it and get home quickly so the gals could watch the Desperate Housewives season finale. When we got to our room our key was not working. What the heck? We had to go back downstairs to find out what was going on. Long story short…the people who are in the room next to us locked us out. There is a little hallway, like a foyer type area to get into our room. So there is a door to get into this area before we can enter our room. Well the idiots next door double locked this door! We are thinking they did it on purpose maybe because they were sick of hearing me scream. I thought the whole situation was pretty amusing as I sat with Ma outside of our main door laughing at AD when she was making funny faces at me…and screaming at the idiots who were supposed to let us back in.
Time for bed again...another great night sleep for me in Aruba! I'll write more tomorrow...or I may just leave the rest of the blogging to my hilarious AD. We'll see! In the meantime...if you want to check out my pics from the trip so far please feel free to do so...
Day 1 in Aruba - click here
Day 2 in Aruba - click here



