So it seems to me that Toronto is much more fun....the older you get. There is so much cool stuff to do here...and now I'm starting to enjoy it! Unlike when I was 8 weeks old. Things were a bit confusing back then...
Going into my 11th month of life, I can honestly say I'm having a ball and am starting to understand how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many great family members and friends. The past couple days in Toronto have been jammed. Well - you knew that already, that's how I roll.
Starting with my pal Olivia's 1st birthday party...her Mom Lisa did a great job putting together a little soiree where I got to hang with lots of older gals and my bud baby O! She's becoming such a beautiful young lady and we had lots of fun celebrating her birthday together!
Following the birthday bash we had dinner for Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish new year. Kicking it off with apples and honey at Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Sandy's house - we had a dinner I'll never forget. Boobie Frieda's chicken soup, knaidlach (Matzo balls), aunt Debi's juicy meatballs, kapusta (said: ka-poo-sta; meaning: braised cabbage), hamburgers, LL chicken (Boobie's version of chinese food)...the list goes on. I am severely spoiled and tell you now - I will never eat another jar of that bland baby food junk again! I will never be the same after all of this incredible food!
In addition to the fab food...I got to dirty up Aunt Sandy's windows that will be very difficult for her to get up to and clean (SORRY!!) and I got passed around like a hot potato between my cousins and aunts and uncles...
I also found myself all dressed and ready for the army...Papa: Don't let them take me!
Ok fine...I'll consider it if I can take my foo foo with me...
The next day I got schlepped through the distillery district and St. Lawrence Market. These are my favorite parts of town: Where mom and dad tied the knot and the home of the best peameal bacon sandwich anyone will ever eat.
After a delicious lunch and a visit from the tickle monster (my dad totally embarrassed me at the market) we had dinner for the second night of Rosh Hashanah at Lindsey and Joey's new house. Their pad is SWEEEET! They moved to an area in Toronto called High Park and they did an incredible job decorating. You remember Joey's kids from my last trip to Toronto right? Well they joined us for dinner and we were so excited to see each other! I had a ball with everyone and the food was divine!
Papa had to head home on Friday for a weekend adventure he had planned with his boyfriends so Mom and I hung back in Toronto with the fam...the fun continued! I had a ton of fun chasing around aunt Mandy's cat Tessa. She is basically like a moving stuffed animal...so cute! I tried to grab her tail and nose but she was swift and got away from me pretty quickly. She liked to pretend that she hated having me chase her around...but I know she secretly loved it and waited by my toys so I'd come back for more chasing...
The rest of the week consisted of a trip to Chudleighs with my Auntie Marissa and cousins Danielle, Jeff and Cole for some apple picking and animals which was super fun! I got to help feed a baby rabbit, eats tons of apple and ride on a tractor!
Following our outing to the farm we had dinner back at Aunt Mandy's. Mom thought it would be nice to grill up some lamb chops. We had picked up a rack at the St. Lawrence market and instead of doing the logical thing by cutting the chops before putting them on the BBQ - Mom told Uncle Jason to douce the chops in oil and put them on the open flame. BAD idea. The BBQ went up in flames and we almost burnt the house down! Mom immediately grabbed me from Boobie Vici and dashed for the front door to save ourselves! The fire alarm started blaring, Uncle Steve started pouring water on the fire (worse idea) and the house was filling with smoke. It was a bad scene all around. The good news is...the chops actually turned out to be DELICIOUS and the meal was a huge hit. No doubt it was super dramatic...but something to write home about!
Over the weekend I got to visit with my friends Shai, Lucas and Jake. We all had a good time catching up and visiting with each other. We closed out the weekend with dinner at Aunt Debi's and Uncle Steves where we had a fabulous meal (of lamb chops sans the fire and water) and I got to hang with the boys.
It was an incredible trip and I can't wait to go back! Oh wait...what's that Ma? We're going back in two weeks? Yipppieeeeeeeeee! See you all back in Toronto SOON!! xo











