Friday, December 18, 2009

The Genius Bar




Miss me? I'm sorry you didn't hear from me yesterday...but it was with good reason! Mom and I paid the Apple store in Soho a visit yesterday. Remember I got her a Mac Book for her birthday last week? Well she's been unable to really use it because she's a forever PC user and wasn't really sure where to begin. First things first, she needed to get everything from the PC (emails, docs, contacts, etc.) transferred to the Mac. Now this is a big job that was way out of her league. So off to Apple we went. We found ourself a really top notch guy at the Genius Bar. This is where you go to ask questions pertaining to Apple products. I have to say - they run a pretty tight ship at this place. And I was loving every second of being in there because A. all of the employees kept commenting on how cool my stroller was and B. they all kept coming up to me to say I'm very cute. Like my ego needs that...whatever I'll take it! After turning on the hard charm we got them to do the transfer for us. Pretty awesome....don't think this is normal practice. They had to take our new Mac and old PC and keep overnight to do the transfer. So we were without internet access for 24 hours...killed us both but we managed.

Now let me back track here for you because a lot has happened since I last checked in. First of all, yesterday I turned 2 months old. So you know what that means...we got a visit from Doc. G. I'm now weighing in at 9 pounds. Way to go MA! Your milk works! WA HOO! He was proud - even more so that we have stuck to his agressive feeding schedule. He couldn't believe we did it. Now we just need to work on my sleeping. He wants me sleeping through the night so Mom can go back to work and live a normal life...

After Doc. G and the Apple store, I was pretty pooped so I took a nice nap while Mom got the apartment cleaned up and organized. When Pop came home we ordered in dinner and he surprised me with a tartufo to celebrate my birthday...here come the candles....speaking of candles, we lit the menorah and I got another gift...a mirror for our car ride to Toronto! So mom and dad can watch me while they are up front. Fun!

Fast forward to today. So after a pretty good night sleep, I woke up and ate and then dozed off for a couple more hours. After lunch Mom and I hit the streets hard. We were so productive. We have officially finished our xmas shopping, ran some more errands and finally - picked up our computers. The Mac is now fully loaded with everything Mom needs. This blog is being written on it as we speak - it's such an incredible speciman...I think I have a new brother - Mac Book Kertzner. Mom is so in love...

Mom wanted to bake some cookies for our family Hannukah party tomorrow. She started to make the dough and of course I wanted to help....so I started screaming for her attention. Since I would stop she put me in the Moby Wrap and I got to help her roll the dough. Well this was a challenge. Especially since she kept eating the cookie dough and getting flour all over me and the Moby wrap. She had to have Dad take over and finish the cookies when he got home. They turned out great! Tonight was the last night of Hannukah. We lit the menorah, said the prayer and I got my last present. This gift was from Grandma and Poppi's friend Judy...what did she get me? A large stuffed Eeor doll....cool! Mom almost had a heart attack because it's so big...but I love it!

Tana came over at 7 to babysit for me tonight as Mom and Dad decided they wanted to take a date night. They grabbed dinner at Republic in Union Square and then saw Up in the Air with George Clooney. Dad slept through the entire movie and Mom enjoyed it. She said it was great however not worthy of best picture.

Off to bed now, I am meeting my cousin Morgan for the first time tomorrow - I can't wait!
Good night and sweet dreams.